Thinking About Your Family in Challenging Times
Some Beginning Thoughts
1. Spend time with your children connecting. Everyone in your family will benefit from relaxing time together.
2. Listen to your children more than you talk. This is usually hard to do but children need to share their thoughts to a loving mom and dad. It helps relieve stress and young people often have important and helpful things to say.
3. Model humanity in your relationships with everyone. Actions speak louder than words.
4. Avoid being isolated. Reach out to like minded people and spend time together.
5. Think of things to do. Whether it’s joining an organization you believe in, going to church, or having regular family meetings it is important to move rather than stay in a passive or overwhelmed position. Spending time with others who share your perspectives can help generate other ideas.